06 February 2021

excerpts

july 5, 2016
past thoughts that fester in passing

-

i used to ask myself

when i die
will i be remembered,
by anyone or for anything?

and if remembered, 
how much of what i'm remembered for,
is something i'd be proud of?

now i ask myself

if in a world with no others, 
would that change how i live? 

in my last moment, at my last breath,
how do i want to remember myself?

-

the term "fomo" 
is a term i can't figure out
i'm certain i don't wish i was there
but at the same time, 
i wish i wanted to be there

-

i'm not sure if my unwillingness 
to disclose certain parts of myself with others
is a choice or a defense mechanism 

-

are you ever afraid of missing out
on that one moment 
or on that one person
that might change the rest of your life? 


how much of life is a result of 
how badly you want it, 
vs how much you deserve it? 

No comments: